Monday, January 14

educate

Education, I go through these seminars every year now for the past 3 years; before I only attended once every 3 years. Required by the Dept of Agriculture. Now, of the chemicals used in a standard lawncare application, weed control and fertilizer which would stand out as "dangerous" to you? I would estimate by my experience, you choose weed control. The active ingredients in weed control have remained constant for some 40 years; 2,4,D, Dicamba, MCPP, Triclopyr and Sulfentrazone being some of  the most common active ingredients. Fertilizer on the other hand has changed; from the 1990's to 2000 the available phosphorous in most fertilizers has been dropped to 0%; this is due to 'leaching' into the ground water.  Poisoning your water supply is not my goal as a lawn care technician; making your lawn look good is. So like most, I follow the advise of the Ag department. I am just pointing this out to show that either your fears are in the wrong place or maybe your fears are unfounded and lawn care should not be "the ones" destroying the earth. 

No comments: