Sunday, January 31

Rocket Science

Ok, suppose they* are right and the only time the moons will cast shadows on the rings is the short time before, during and after the Equinox. I am not a scientist, so I don't have all the data and facts in front of me. Still, I don't think I have ever seen an image of Saturn including the shaded side that the rings were not also shaded. To me, the non-scientist, it would stand to reason that anything, including but not limited to a moon that would block the light would cast a shadow on the ring plane. Maybe I am wrong, after all this does fall into that category known as "Rocket Science" requiring the mind of a Rocket Scientist.


*those nebulous people

The Equinox I speak of occurs only once every 15 earth years, 





Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gregory, you know a lot about the heavens and astronomy!

Neo said...

I just read alot... different sites on the web... see the list to the right called other stuff, go to the Saturn link