Monday, May 24

ticking away...

     Well this is really messed up, TV put me to sleep about 8 ish, here it is 2:30 am and I am as awake as ever and can't get myself back to sleep. It wouldn't be such a big deal but it is Sunday and I need to be rested by 7:30 am when I clock in for work. So what do I do? Log into blogger and post another chapter in the book of Pirate, the continuing saga of my life. 
     As I posted earlier today I took a visit to the park today and had a good time. Sunshine, finally and the warm air with a cool breeze blowing. Couldn't have asked for a nicer Sunday. This really has been a nice weekend. No work.... and Saturday I moved my furniture back into the bigger of the 2 bedrooms here at the Pirate Apartment. Was procrastinating on the move but did finally get it in motion and only took me about an hour. Makes it seem like I am in a different place now, which in a lot of ways is a good thing.
     I did miss church this morning but every week does seem to get routine and the service looses something in that. I like to mix up my week sometimes. Like the roast on Sunday; I did a chicken, stuffing and all this week. True, the chicken does not last as long as the beef or pork but its a change, and change is good... well most of the time.
     More on change... I came across an MP3 recently the Bob Dylan song 'The Times They Are a' Changing' done by Carly Simon, James Taylor and Graham Nash. When I first listened I thought it was Peter Paul and Mary but further research showed Simon, Taylor and Nash did that song at the No Nukes event. I did compare the Peter Paul and Mary version of the tune, it wasn't them. Great tune and seems a bit more heart felt when done by other than Dylan. He's a great song writer, but seems his tunes get more attention when done as cover... All Along the Watchtower? The Mighty Quinn? I rest my case.
     Time grows near, I better try and get some sleep... till next time God loves you and I'm sure a handful of people on the planet do to.

No comments: