Saturday, December 21

MA State Police Confiscate 1250 Bags Of Heroin Labeled “Obamacare”

MA State Police Confiscate 1250 Bags Of Heroin Labeled “Obamacare”

      Reformed drug user, if there is such a thing. I for one could never see injecting medicine into my body. There again, I do not have a medical condition that requires this. In my youth I did dabble a bit in "recreational" drugs, pot, alcohol, pills and cocain; to just list a few. I did straighten up and get my life in "order" with a little help. My main premise here is how does one get to the point that they are injecting drugs into their body? I did the buzz thing when I was a kid, drinking to excess, smoking some weed, and then for a short while, prescription drugs. I readily got away from the pills, guess is I was growing up, realized that the 'buzz' was not so important.Cocain, same deal, I really didn't like that buzz. Now I am like most, after work sit down have a drink, maybe light a joint. Just something to take the 'edge' off, let me relax. I should mention I have never smoked crack... just a bit too "intrusive" I guess I would have to say. My experience in recreational drugs was done with logic. If it is going to incapacitate me physically or mentally... well lets be real... a buzz is cool, but I have to work to make an income to support myself. Marijuana buzzes, alcohol too, buzzes, so I reserve time, off the bosses clock to enjoy.
     My real issue here is did the US government NOT learn anything from the time alcohol was prohibited. Prohibition will result in one thing above everything else. It will provide an income for those that rules don't matter. Remember when you were young, played board games with your family? Remember when your sister would cheat, just so she could win? It didn't matter that it was "against the rules". She wanted to win, and would do what she needed to to facilitate that goal. So, we have people out there looking to make a quick buck; laws don't matter, jail time does not scare them or deter them in any way. My point being, drugs and drug abuse is a social issue, not a legal issue. Yes, it is illegal to be drunk in public; but does this deter those that get stoned in a bar... no, is it really an illegal act to feel good? Anyway, if drug prohibition was to be taken off the books, think of the jail space that could be saved. Address it as a social problem, and advise counseling, help and resolution would be the way to go. Yea, I know they don't need to take the advice, but you know what? That's their problem. Miss out on the joys of life, be incapacitated to the point they can't solve simple life issues, just plain miss out on life.
     Ok, one last point... The USA is as a country set up on Christian beliefs; back to the 10 commandments, don't kill anyone, don't steal what's not yours, be honest when questioned, of course the specifics come in, don't marry more than one, god is your one and only etc. Still though, its pretty universal, don't kill or cause ill to others and you are ok. The Bible being the basis of the major laws, it does not mention once in the bible about smoking weed. For the Bible Thumpers: it was originally written in Hebrew, a long dead language when the  Bible was translated, so who knows what the original text said, no wonder the King James version is so open to debate on the translation or interpretation.
    Just one additional point. If you lock a guy up for... lets say possession of marijuana (that wicked weed) You are now housing this individual with rapists, murderers, thieves, robbers and other general evil doers, (consult your bible for that defined) Don't you start to take on the "ways" and beliefs of those you associate with? I do know when living with one person, I had to be careful of my language (using 4 letter words) because it was thrown about my house so often. Case and point, why send a pot smoker in the big house where he can learn the ways of more serious crimes, rape, murder, robbery, spitting on the sidewalk, etc... ?  

No comments: