Monday, September 15

hurricane in the mid west

Talk about weather, here in Cincinnati September 14 hurricane force winds (as I heard it refered to on the radio) 66 mph and talk about destruction.  Trees up rooted, branches breaking power lines down, total chaos.  Power went down here at my home at about 2:30 and was not restored for about 20 hrs. Everyplace was closed. Dinner? not tonight, chips and dip and crackers with cheese. I have never before seen or experienced wind like that. Minimal damage to the apartment but I drove to work this morning, on the way saw a car crushed by a 50 ft oak tree, several fences crushed and even some property damage to homes. The entire time this was going on my girlfriend and I were on the balcony of our 3rd floor apartment just watching .... what a sight

No comments: