Friday, January 9

PDF and Adobe Reader

Issue with my computer this morning. I needed to read a PDF and did not have Adobe Reader installed. When I tried to download and install I would get an error, invalid drive F:
Google to the rescue: Seems there was a problem in my registry. I needed to go Start>run type in 'regedit' to get the registry and needed to modify one of the files there.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows| CurrentVersion\ Explorer\User Shell Folders

In the right pane - see if these is any entries which has an F or any other alphabelts not C (your OP folder) modify data to C:\


so was easy to figure as I am familiar with the registry. I don't recommend doing this if you don't know the registry as this is the backbone of the o/s

It suddenly dawned on me, I was lucky to have known one person in my past that knew computers and taught me allot that I need to know to keep my computer up and running.

No comments: