Saturday, August 18

Woe is me...

     Ok... the woes of online shopping. So I have a few hours to kill before going up to meet my girlfriend at the barn where she boards her horse, a few extra $$ in my bank account; what better way to spend it than working on the issues I have with my Ford F-50 (aka Ranger). The main issue of 2 or 3 is the fill tube to the gas tank. The fuel backs up into the tube, causing the gas pump to shut off every 10 or so cents in the tank and... leaks some gas as it goes from the pump to the tank. At todays price of petro who has even an ounce to pay for and not get used. I call the parts store online service and the part I need is some $180, but because I am ordering on line, cut $50. Price then slashed to $132 and some change. Yea, I think to self, I can handle that. Thing is I had to pay with a card to get the discount. So I give the guy my card number, experation date and the security code on the back of the card... "Let me read this number back to be sure I got it right... " Seems the card was not working. Try a few more times then he tells me to call my bank see if the security code was right (was hard to read as the card has been in and out of my wallet a few zillion times). I call the online service of my bank, the gal on the line is saying after all the birth date, account #, address and last time I had sex just for securities sake, "I see there are transactions including Kroger, $22, and Advance Auto parts $132, twice. Well no wonder he couldn't get the card to read, he already emptied my account, save for the $13 the bank said was available. Now comes the question, What in the world am I going to do with the other fill tube I just ordered? Better idea says Neo, call them back and cancel the order completely. That being done the girl from Advance says it will take a few days for the transaction to post. ?!... baffled... the money comes out 2 seconds before I hang up the phone but takes 2 days to cancel the order! Geeze...
    

No comments: