Saturday, January 4

Spanish Inquisition

This name I have tagged (haven't quite figured out what this means yet) to a Mexi- Mediterranean- Spanish meal. This post will be photo-free, as I find attaching photos to be time consuming. Start with your favorite Taco meat seasoning, prepare per instructions, in the mean time (I always have wanted to use that phrase) cut Chili Peppers lengthwise, remove seeds and ribs. In an oven-safe container lay the pepper halves (as "taco shells") fill the Peppers with the taco meat mix, on top of that I smear sour cream and  dab it with tomatoes, you can add lettuce or spinach, of other greens... as you see fit... Appetiser for this function (the cooking of this meal) is tortilla chips and naco cheese dip, and also a handmade spinach dip in sour cream. Of course, if you know me, you know wine is also on the list, red wine at that... Merlot to be exact. For those unfamiliar, Merlot has no silent letters. Oh I did forget to mention the cheddar cheese also, can be added before or after the 30 minute bake time (recommend 30 mins to soften the peppers). I did consider a tossed salad during production; leaf or romain lettuce, 3 olives sprinkle of nuts covered in  Balsamic Vinaigrette. Add sliced pears if you really want to stand out from the crowd. If the title does not do it for you, call it, "Some thing to do with taco meat instead of just plain tacos... I prefer to call it the "Spanish Inquisition".

No comments: