Monday, March 9

The answer is so simple

     I have been around for a good while now, and have seen the good, as good as it gets, and I have peered down the other side too. I hope that this writing will strike a chord with some. 
     If you want to get rid of the drug cartels and you want to keep drugs out of your childrens hands; some will still fall through but, take the crime out of the drug problem. Legalize drugs. Plain and simple, if you can buy it from a reputable outlet why in the world would you still buy it on the street. And yes there is a criminal element in the drug trade. Duh, its illegal. If it weren't the criminals would have no need for it. Remember back to the 1930's, alcohol was illegal, thus making some people very rich. Now I'm not saying drugs are not a problem; however I am saying its not a legal problem. The problem is a social problem and does not need legality or lack there of as an additional problem. Now, if you take the money being pumped in to fight this losing battle keeping prohibition as the answer and turn it toward a proven remedy (sobriety) I think you will get further in your battle against drugs. As was mentioned before, prohibition creates a business and our government has had dealings of this sort before (days of prohibition). So it does seem unlikely that our government would make the same mistake twice. Yet, drugs become a legal problem rather than a social problem. Are you seeing the same circle I am? Just my take on solving a problem. 

Neo 

No comments: